Valentine’s Day
Happy Valentine’s Day to all those reading my blog…I have to say, this was the hottest Valentine’s I’ve ever had (about 85 degrees! Oka!) But it was quite a great day. here are a few of the things that made it special:
- A package from my Aunt, which included chocolate, heart candies, a book, a card, magazines, and perfume
- A package from my grandparents, which included MORE chocolate (Fudge! Yum!), a small teddy bear figurine, a note, a headband with heart antennas that I wore to school (and got many compliments!), and 2 boxes of valentine’s cards (that I shared with my students…they loved them and send their thanks!)
- A package I had received last week from my mom which had ANOTHER box of chocolates, and a card, among other things
- A card from a friend back in Washington
- Valentines from students
- A stuffed bear holding a heart from a student
- An assembly during school
- Another social studies teacher buying lunch for our department
- A girl asking me to present her gift to a boy during class, and say it was from a “secret admirer”
- Talked to my parents after school
Here are a few pictures from the day..the assembly, and my students and the valentines they gave me...not the best pictures, but hey it's too hot for makeup and cute hair!
I just got done with my pilates for the day and am feeling really good! The week is almost ½ over, and we have a 3 day weekend ahead. I already have some (tentative) plans for the weekend, and am looking forward to it. This is a short post, I will try to write more this weekend.
I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day! And as my sister keeps reminding me, Discounted Chocolate Day is tomorrow!! Thank you to those who are reading, whoever and wherever you are. And thank you to those who have been making the effort to stay in touch. I am thousands of miles from home, but I can still feel the love. And that’s what matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment