Yesterday I gave my last final.
I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that I will not teach another class at NVTHS.
I’ve been a crazy mix of emotions this past week. I even cried on Monday at school, in front of all my juniors. It just hit me that it was all ending. I’m excited to get home and see my family, but it’s very bittersweet, since I know I’ll be saying goodbye to my students and friends here. I’m happy to be done with the stresses of school, but it’s just replaced with cleaning my classroom and then the overwhelming task of packing up all of my stuff and moving out of my apartment. I’ve also been applying to jobs and had a phone interview yesterday afternoon. I still have no idea what I’ll be doing when I get back home, but something will fall into place. I’ve learned to not worry about it too much because it always seems to work out.
I think that’s one of the biggest things I’ve learned here. Don’t worry. My students say it to me all the time, especially one sophomore in particular…”Miss, don’t worry!”. I used to worry all the time. I’d worry about things that were way out of my control. I always wanted to plan everything out. It was hard for me to just sit back and let things happen naturally. But I feel like that part of me has changed into more of the Fa’asamoa (Samoan way).
I’ve been battling a cold since Saturday and I think it’s because things are really crazy and I have so much on my mind….I hope I don’t get really sick right before I leave!
Just ten days now…the clock is ticking and there is still so much left to do....
My 2nd period after finishing their final on Monday

No comments:
Post a Comment